Welcome
to
Seymour Community School Corporation!
Your blood runs purple as of today! "OWL" be the first to say, we were hootin' and hollerin' when we heard you were going to join our team! We are looking forward to a great year!
We will be using this blog over the course of the school year to communicate and support each other. It provides our new friends with a way to ask questions, give advice, or share resource information with others. Through this two-way professional dialog, we can stay connected between our induction meetings.
I look forward to learning about you and your classroom.
Your first task is to locate this blog and post a response to this question:
If you could be a cartoon character for just a day, who would you be and why?

If I could be a cartoon character for just one day, I would be Wilma Flinstone. Why? The woman is confident, level-headed, and has a good sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is a red head. I am always trying to get her to dress up like Wilma Flintstone on Halloween. I even bought her some giant pearls. One of these days I'll get her talked into it! Thanks for sharing!
DeleteIf I were a cartoon character, I would be The Roadrunner. This would allow me to complete many tasks in a speedy manner. What a nifty idea for a busy mom, wife, and teacher!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right! I know I wish I had that kind of speed. Thanks for sharing! Beep! Beep!
DeleteI have been researching for days trying to figure out who I would be. :) And I can't really think of one other than Goofy. With so many expectations, deadlines, and pressures that are on teachers, it would be nice to not be bothered with them for one day. Goofy just keeps on going no matter what obstacle he faces. He smiles, says “gorsh”, and moves on to his next event. He's learned how not to make mountains out of mole hills! He might not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but he enjoys the simple pleasures of life and presses on no matter how many times he might stumble and fall!
ReplyDeleteGreat lessons to be learned from Goofy! When my family went to Disneyland I got a goofy hat and pen! He just draws you right in and you can't help but smile. You might like this slide show: Life Quotes from Goofy http://www.slideshare.net/bright9977/life-quotes-from-goofy
DeleteI would be Garfield for a day, because I love to sleep. Garfield mostly eats and sleeps all day, which sounds nice to me!
ReplyDeleteWell, you can't beat that...eat and sleep all day! Garfield and I both like lasagna. In fact that is what I made for supper last night. Now I am hungry!
ReplyDeleteI would pick Spongebob because that is about the only cartoon that my boys are watching these days. At least this way, they would want to hang out with their mother!
ReplyDeleteMy kids are grown and I watch Spongebob! I happen to know that the Secret Recipe for Krabby Patties is located in one of the showcases at Emerson....You might want to check that out!
DeleteI would be Mini Mouse....I'm not sure I'd love my voice, but I'd never leave Disney World! I would ride rides, go to shows, eat dinner at Nine Dragons (Chinese restaurant in Epcot), and watch fireworks every day. After all, Disney World is the happiest place on earth. : )
ReplyDeleteWho wouldn't want to work at the happiest place on earth everyday? Wait a minute....we do! We work with children! How great is that! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIf I could be any cartoon character for a day, I would be Little Foot from The Land Before Time movie series. Little Foot is curious, loving, caring, and daring. He is always looking for adventure. However, he will go out of his way to solve any issues his friends or herd (school family) might have. The movies show moral, character, and the correct way to solve issues. This was my favorite cartoon growing up, and it is one that my son already loves to watch.
ReplyDeleteIf I could be a cartoon character for a day, I would also be Garfield, but not because of his love to eat and sleep all day, but because of his ability to remain calm most of the time. I sometimes have high anxiety and get overwhelmed with the everyday responsibilities of my job. I have to write IEP's, contact parents, hold meetings, email gen ed teachers and administrators for the meetings, teach 4 classes, provide support in gen ed classes, respond to emails...etc. I am expecting my first baby in December and being stressed isn't good for me or for her. I often have to take a step back, take a deep breath, and work on things one at a time. If I don't take care of myself, I'm no good for my family, friends, or my students. I have to make lists of things to get done, and check tasks off one by one, careful not to overwhelm myself. I have to take a few hours a night to prop my feet up, watch tv, and relax. Lastly, like Garfield, I need to get plenty of rest and eat well...if you consider lasagna as a healthy choice! :)
ReplyDeleteIf I could be a cartoon character, I would choose to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Technically, it's a Disney movie BUT it's also a cartoon ;) It would be awesome to be Ariel because she gets to swim all day and she doesn't need scuba gear.
ReplyDeleteIf I could be a Cartoon Character for a day I would be the Tasmanian Devil. He is super fast and can get things done really quickly! At this point in the school, that extra energy is really needed!
ReplyDeleteIf I could be any character I would be Winnie the Pooh. He is always surrounded by his best friends and gets to eat all the time.
ReplyDelete